Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Art Battle


On February 20th I had the opportunity to participate in Art Battle Peterborough. Art Battle is a competitive painting event that is gaining steam across Canada. I have to admit that at first the idea didn’t appeal to me. 20 minutes to make a painting; that’s crazy! I can spend weeks just sketching out a concept. Eventually I came to terms that this wasn’t about making a masterpeice, and all the other artists were in the same vote I was. This was about having fun, and fun it was. Chris, Morgan, and Jamil from the Art Battle team were great. It was a really social event too, and I got the chance to meet several lovely fellow artists and art fans. I made it to the final round, but lost out to the talented Nicole Cooper. If Art Battle comes to your city, and you get the chance sign up. It’s a good time. Check out more at; www.artbattle.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment